At OLLI @Berkeley, we rely on the energy, enthusiasm and powerhouse volunteerism of our members to help make our program the best it can be. We are grateful to the committee members noted here and to the many other volunteers who contribute in other important ways, from leading Member Meetups to serving as class hosts.
The Curriculum Committee reviews course proposals, meets with prospective faculty and advises OLLI staff on the curation of future academic terms.
- Co-chairs: Susan Chamberlain, Linda Wing
- Chair Emeriti: Ann Peden, Lucille Poskanzer
- Members: Amy Chung, Susan Driscoll LaMay, Linda Perkins, Hugh Winig
- Staff: Susan Hoffman, Matt Shears
The Development Committee members help plan the annual fund campaign (which accounts for nearly 10% of our operating budget) and spearhead personal fundraising outreach efforts.
- Chair: Michael Maidenberg
- Chair Emeriti: Wendy Willrich
- Members: Gerry Kaminski, Marilyn Kaplan, Paul Raskin, Eileen Savel
- Staff: Susan Hoffman, Nancy Murr
Member Services Committee
The Member Services Committee works to build a strong sense of community and belonging within our membership by organizing and leading field trips, socials and other events throughout the year.
- Co-chairs: Joan Greer, Jerry Kaminski
- Members: Valerie Knepper, Hugh Livingston, Stella Livingston, Susan Sperber
- Staff: Nancy Murr
Research Advisory Team
This group identifies UCSF/UCB-based research opportunities for OLLI member participation, conducts inquiry projects focused on teaching and learning, and explores ideas and issues to inform the curriculum or the OLLI member community.
- Members: Lorraine Midanik, Sara Orem, David Presti, Peter Ralston
- Staff: Susan Hoffman