The Benefits of Membership
OLLI @Berkeley is a learning community that curates inspiring programs year-round for adults age 50 and better. As member, you gain access to:
- Relevant and revelatory courses — exclusively for members — in history, politics, science, literature, music, the arts and more taught by UC Berkeley professors and other scholars
- A newsmaking speaker series featuring leading thinkers on campus and in the community
- Words Over Time intergenerational dialogues with Berkeley undergraduates focused on topics of critical importance to all
- Opportunities to participate in groundbreaking research with UC partners
- Lively interest groups, clubs, social gatherings and excursions organized and led by members
We offer four types of membership. Course fees are separate and are based on your choice of membership.
|- Lectures (type A)||$155||$155||$0||--|
|- Workshops (type C)||$235||$235||$80||--|
|- Encore (type D)||$120||$120||$0||$120|
Membership Types, Explained
All membership types give you access to courses, speaker events, workshops, clubs, activities and more.
Single Term All Access:
- Good for one term
- Makes the most sense if you plan to take one or more courses during a single term and not again within a year
Annual All Access:
- Perfect if you think you'll take at least two courses over the span of four consecutive terms (12 months)
- This is a popular option!
- The most cost effective option if you plan to take six or more courses over the span of four consecutive terms
- Pay NO course fees for lectures (the majority of our courses) — sign up for as many as you want!
- Enjoy steep discounts on a handful of smaller, workshop-like courses
- Gives you access to our popular Encore courses only and not to our lecture and workshop courses
- Three Encore courses are offered per term typically
- Encore courses are pre-recorded videos of popular courses from a previous term plus one livestream conversation with the faculty
Course Types, Explained
- Lecture (type A): A large-size class. Faculty members lecture with varying amounts of Q&A. Most of our courses are lectures.
- Workshop (type C): Small, hands-on courses with direct interaction with faculty. Courses are typically writing or art focused.
- Encore (type D): Popular courses recorded a previous term plus a livestream conversation with the faculty. Typically three Encore courses are offered per term.
Need-based Fee Assistance memberships are available if full fees present a barrier to your participation. Please consider submitting an application. Learn more.
Discounts on Membership
Members of the following groups receive a $10 discount on all types of memberships. One discount per member. Course fees cannot be discounted. Fee Assistance memberships are not eligible for additional discounts.
- Cal Alumni Association
- Current or retired faculty and staff at UC Berkeley, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, or UC Office of the President
Campus & Community Discounts
Cal Alumni Association (CAA) — $10 off membership
OLLI members will receive a $10 discount on a $60 Senior Citizen annual membership at the Cal Alumni Association (CAA). CAA members receive many benefits of interest to OLLI members, such as library access at all UC campuses and discounts on performance tickets at many Bay Area venues.
UC Botanical Garden — $15 off membership
OLLI members can join the UC Botanical Garden as Cal Affiliates (see Cal Affiliate Membership) and save $15 on an individual or family membership.
Berkeley Arts and Letters — up to 50% discount
Berkeley Arts and Letters extends its student discount to OLLI members on advance tickets purchased through their website. Just select the “student discount” option (when available) for ticket purchases, and present your OLLI membership card at check-in to verify your student eligibility.