Course Fees by Membership Type
OLLI @Berkeley offers a range of dynamic courses, from large and lively lectures to smaller, hands-on workshops. Course fees are based on membership and course types. Learn more about membership.
|Membership Type:||Single Term
- Lecture: A large-size class. Faculty members lecture with varying amounts of Q&A. Most of our courses are lectures.
- Workshop: Small, hands-on courses with direct interaction with faculty. Courses are typically writing or art focused.
- Encore: Pre-recorded videos plus one livestream conversation with the faculty. Typically two or three Encore courses are offered per term.
Online Course Terminology
Our online courses are delivered one of three ways:
- Livestream Only: Attend class on Zoom on its scheduled day and time as you would an in-person class. It is not video recorded.
- Livestream + Recorded: Attend class live on its scheduled day and time and/or view a recording of it later at your convenience.
- Encore: Watch pre-recorded videos of popular courses from a previous term at your leisure, plus attend one livestream conversation with the faculty.
Need-based Fee Assistance memberships are available if full fees present a barrier to your participation. Please consider submitting an application. Learn more.