Photo by Maia Sawi
We are working hard to make certain that everything is in place for your safe return to in-person learning at Freight & Salvage in downtown Berkeley.
The four courses scheduled at the Freight will be held only online for the first two weeks of term (January 18-28.) We plan to resume offering them in person starting Tuesday, February 1.
Be sure to review the following UC Berkeley requirements for all in-person attendees:
Proof of vaccination required
- Proof of vaccination (including a booster) and photo ID are required to enter.
- Vaccination cards, a photo of your card, or a digital vaccine record (e.g., myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov) are acceptable forms of proof of vaccination.
Proof of negative rapid or PCR test required
- This is a UC Berkeley mandate — regardless of vaccination status.
- Tests must be conducted within 48 hours prior to attending class for the first time.
- A time-stamped photo of your negative test is acceptable proof.
- This is a one time only requirement per term.
- If you are taking in-person classes on both Tuesday and Thursday, your negative test on Tuesday will also cover Thursday.
- Masks/face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Per CDC guidance, we highly encourage the use N95 or KN95 masks for the utmost protection. Please avoid the use of cloth masks alone.
Daily Symptom Screener required
- Fill out this online daily symptom screener each time you attend in person.
- Click "NO" on the first question "Do you have a CALNet ID?".
Additional Safety Measures at the Freight:
New air filtration system
- An upgraded HVAC system brings in 100% outside air seven times per hour and ensures the cleanest air possible.
- MERV-13 air filters have been installed, in adherence with CDC recommendations.
- HEPA filters are in place in areas with lower air flow (backstage, restrooms, classrooms).
Enhanced safety protocols
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue.
- Enclosed box office area.
- Fully vaccinated staff and volunteers.
- CDC-recommended cleaning practices before, during, and after classes, particularly cleaning of “high touch” surfaces.