Berkeley Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky at an OLLI lunchtime speaker event
OLLI Lectures showcases leading figures in their fields discussing some of the most pressing and provocative issues of our time. Recently, speakers have explored constitutional rights under the current court, breakthroughs in medical research, the global politics of waste, the state of American cinema, and more. OLLI Lectures are free and open to the public. Check for the events calendar for details and links to join.
Robert Strand on
Building a Resilient Society: The Case of Nordic Capitalism
Friday, April 30, 10:30-11:30 AM (PT)
Dr. Robert Strand is Executive Director of the Center for Responsible Business and Lecturer at Berkeley's Haas School of Business. He also holds the title of Associate Professor of Leadership and Sustainability with the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark.
Watch on YouTube
Recent lectures were conducted on Zoom, and are viewable on our YouTube channel.
- George Breslauer on the myths and realities of Putin's Russia (professor emeritus, UC Berkeley)
- Mary Huges on "Our Winning Women: Lessons to Hurry History" (founder, Close the Gap CA)
- Alexis Strauss Hacker and Michelle Roos on the EPA Reset (former EPA acting regional administrator and Executive Director of the Environment Protection Network, respectively)
- Harry Chotiner and Michael Fox on what happened to the movies in 2020 (noted film historians and critics, and popular OLLI instructors)
- Ken Alex on how to move climate solutions forward faster (Director of Project Climate, UC Berkeley)
- Erik Peper on how to stop technology from hijacking our lives (professor of holistic health, San Francisco State University)
- Annice Jacoby on street art in an age of pandemic, protest and politics (artist, activist and author)
- Allison Harvey on how to improve sleep (Berkeley Professor and Director of the Golden Bear Sleep and Mood Research Clinic)
- Dan Kammen on the green revolution (Berkeley Distinguished Professor and Director of Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory)
- Deirdre English on how journalists view the #MeToo Movement (Berkeley lecturer and former Editor-in-Chief of Mother Jones)
Listen to Podcasts
We are delighted that a number of OLLI Lectures have been showcased on Berkeley Talks, a Berkeley News podcast that features speaker events at UC Berkeley.
- Kate O'Neill on the global politics of waste (Berkeley professor)
- Harry Chotiner on the state of American Cinema (film historian and educator)
- Beverly Crawford on the lies told about immigrants (Berkeley professor emerita)
- Randy Schekman on new Parkinson's research (Noble laureate and Berkeley professor emeritus)
- David Raulet on the revolution of cancer immunology (immunologist and Berkeley professor)