Photo by Christina Hernandez
The Benefits of Membership
OLLI @Berkeley is a dynamic membership community that curates dozens of inspiring learning programs each year. As a member, you gain access to:
- Thought-provoking courses in history, politics, science, literature, music, the arts and more taught by Cal professors and other leading scholars — exclusively for OLLI members to register for, participate in, and enjoy
- Revelatory and provocative speaker events featuring leading voices on campus and in the community
- Perspective-shifting intergenerational dialogues between OLLI members and Berkeley undergraduates focused on topics of critical importance to all
- Opportunities to participate in groundbreaking UC research
- Stimulating member-only interest groups, clubs, social gatherings and excursions
- Empowering workshops and discussions centered on issues of particular interest to members age 75+
You do not need to be affiliated with UC Berkeley to join OLLI. You simply need to be age 50 or over, excited at the prospect of diving into college-level learning (with no exams or grades), and ready to join a community of 3,000 curious and engaged people like you.
Become a member at the level that's right for you, and start your journey to new knowledge, discoveries and connections. You must be an OLLI @Berkeley member to register for courses. Course fees are separate.
Single-Term Online-Only Membership
Allows you to register for 1-term of online courses, plus access speaker events, member-only gatherings, interest groups, clubs, and more.
Annual Online-Only Membership
Allows you to register for 4-terms (12 consecutive months) of online courses, plus access speaker events, member-only gatherings, interest groups, clubs and more. Membership can begin with any term.
Annual Online & In-Person Membership
Allows you to register for 4-terms (12 consecutive months) of online and in-person courses, plus access speaker events, member-only gatherings, interest groups, clubs, and more. Membership can begin with any term.
Annual Premium Membership
The most cost-effective option for those who take six or more courses per year. Pay NO course fees for A and D courses — sign up for as many as you want — plus enjoy significant discounts for B and C courses. Membership can begin at any point during the academic year and is valid for 4-terms (12 consecutive months). In addition to unlimited A and D courses at no cost, it also gives you access to speaker events, member-only gatherings, interest groups, clubs and more.
Membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Course Fees by Membership Type
|Single Term and
|Online-Only Members||Premium Members|
Fee Assistance ($50)
Need-based Fee Assistance memberships are available if full fees present a barrier to your participation. Please consider submitting an application. Learn more.
Discounts on Membership
Members of the following groups receive a $10 discount on all types of memberships. One discount per member. Course fees cannot be discounted.
- Cal Alumni Association
- Current or retired faculty and staff at UC Berkeley, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, or UC Office of the President
Campus & Community Discounts
Cal Alumni Association (CAA) — $10 off membership
OLLI members will receive a $10 discount on a $60 Senior Citizen annual membership at the Cal Alumni Association (CAA). CAA members receive many benefits of interest to OLLI members, such as library access at all UC campuses and discounts on performance tickets at many Bay Area venues.
UC Botanical Garden — $15 off membership
OLLI members can join the UC Botanical Garden as Cal Affiliates (see Cal Affiliate Membership) and save $15 on an individual or family membership.
Berkeley Arts and Letters — up to 50% discount
Berkeley Arts and Letters extends its student discount to OLLI members on advance tickets purchased through their website. Just select the “student discount” option (when available) for ticket purchases, and present your OLLI membership card at check-in to verify your student eligibility.