Do you love OLLI and the community that it provides? Interested in becoming more than just a student? Then become more involved and volunteer with OLLI @Berkeley. You never know what might happen. You might find someone…
- who is an interesting person to go to coffee with
- to discuss and challenge ideas from class
- who shares your taste in books
- to carpool or buspool or BARTpool to class with
You may discover the chance to use your career skills or to follow up on that lifelong interest or find new friends to keep in touch with after classes have ended.
Following is a listing of current volunteer oportunities. If you have a special skill that you would like to offer, other ideas for volunteering, or general questions about volunteering, contact Gerard Alcantara at email@example.com or 510.642.9401.
- Class Assistant
- Faculty Interviewer for OLLI Newsletter
- OLLI Outreach Representative
- Open House Assistant
- Hosting Brown Bag Lunches and Lunches with Faculty
- Brochure Distribution
- What you will do: Greet and check in students; secure and close classroom
- Time commitment: 20-30 minutes before class, 5-10 minutes after class
- Contact: To learn more to or get a description of what is needed contact Cheryl Brewster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to ask a faculty member in depth questions? You can be a faculty interviewer for the OLLI newsletter.
- What you will do: Use your interviewing skills and write an article on one of our marvelous faculty members for an issue of the OLLI newsletter
- Time commitment: 1-3 hours
- Contact: Aileen Kim, email@example.com, 510.642.5291
A great way to meet new people and share your experiences with prospective students, becoming and OLLI Outreach Representative is a great way to keep the program moving forward. Choose one of our many events this term such as:
- What you will do: Provide information and share personal experiences with OLLI to interest people you meet at the annual street fair
- Time commitment: One 2-hour shift
- Contact: Tom Fratar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- What you will do: Many possibilities including, but not limited to, using your artistic leanings for decorating, organizational bent for set-up, and your responsible side for clean-up
- What you will do: Various, but includes set-up, clean-up
- Time commitment: About 1 hour before or after the picnic
- For both special events, contact: Nikki Maziasz, email@example.com
Be a part of the excitement of a new term while having the opportunity to hear from the instructors and meet new OLLI members.
- What you will do: Any number of possibilities, including greeting attendees, ushering, registration, timer, checking in newcomers
- Time commitment: 1-3 hours
- Contact: Nikki Maziasz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Break bread with your fellow classmates and class instructor.
- What you will do: Meet and greet attendees and help lead introductions; if there is a faculty guest, greet and introduce the faculty guest to the attendees and moderate the discussion if needed
- Time commitment: 1.25 hours
- Contact: Ron Tauber, email@example.com
Get to know the OLLI community and neighborhoods, check out the town and help get the word out as well.
- What you will do: Distribute brochures to business and organizations in your community
- Time commitment: 1/2 hour-1 hour
- Contact: Satya Levine, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510.642.5254